Denmark College is very excited to announce that we will be introducing a brand-new accelerated Nursing Program at our Merrillville location in 2020!
The mission of the College of Nursing is to cultivate a curiosity to learn and encourage a commitment to becoming a lifelong learner. Students will be prepared through quality instruction and hands-on training to be nursing leaders within their community. Through the practice of evidence-based nursing, students will competently learn to provide patient-centered care. They will function as a participant of the health care team while evaluating the quality of care provided. By utilizing information and technology, students learn clinical judgment for nursing actions made and incorporate standardized safety practices.
To be considered for admission to the Nursing Program the applicant must:
- Exceed the age of compulsory school attendance. (Age 18 in Indiana and age 17 in Illinois.)
- Be a high school graduate or have earned a recognized equivalency certificate. (All students will be required to provide official transcripts before being accepted into the nursing program).
- Complete a Denmark College application packet and pay the $100 application fee.
- Interview with the Nursing Program Director, or designee.
- Successfully complete the HESI A2 assessment by achieving a score of 75% or above in each category (English, Reading, Math and Science).
- Submit a one to two-page paper addressing the following:
- Why do you want to be a nurse?
- What qualities should a good nurse possess?
Please note that spots are limited (15 total) and the admission requirements for the Nursing Program are very specific and differ from other programs at Denmark College.
Courses will officially begin in September 2020 and application submission will open in February 2020. Please check back in February for additional information about the application process and the program overall or Click Here to put your name on a waiting list.